Friday, April 8, 2011

"Spring Has Sprung"


This is the title of a poem my Dad wrote my Mom when they were High School sweethearts, and today I'm feeling like Spring really is here! I feel young and in love, hopeful and excited, and I'm listening to Louis Prima right now, so I've got ants in my pants. 


I'm finally back from my trip to the Bay Area - East Bay to be exact, or, "nickel dime," because of the (510) area code. I was there to clean and paint one of our units, and to find a new tenant (without success). I also went to two concerts - The Motels, Romeo Void opened, and OMD, I visited my BFF, my Mom, my Dad and my favorite cousin - all great. This was a longer trip than most. Twelve days, and I must admit that it was one of the most difficult trips I've had since Tony started his new job nine months ago. 


It's not that I can't stand my hometown anymore, it's that I can't stand being away from my husband! It honestly surprised me, I burst into tears when I got home and we hugged. I never led on that I was suffering or feeling sad, but when we were face to face again it all came out. Of course he loved it. Tony loves raw, heart-felt emotion, he also loves "chick flicks," but he loves it most when my tough, nonchalant exterior cracks and my gushy insides show. I love the fact that he appreciates my emotional surrender and everything that follows...


So we're together again, but not permanently which kills me. When I've gathered a few promising prospects I will go back down and show the flat again. All this back and forth is really making us consider selling our home in the E.B.. Mind you, this is the home of our youth, the home we have worked on since we were first married, the home that has within its walls our blood, sweat and tears, not to mention tens of thousands of hard-earned bucks. It's our nest egg. At the moment I feel like hard boiling that egg, dying it pink and blue and placing it among the thousands of eggs on the market. But I won't. Not yet at least. 


For now, I am going to appreciate being with Tony and concentrate on my bags - sewing in their zippers and making the logo that will go inside of each precious gem. Wow, that's a lot to do since only two out of two dozen have zippers and I haven't even started my logo! I better get to work. Or maybe I'll walk to the beach...it's so beautiful outside.


Bon weekend, mes amis!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your "finished" bags.. I'm knitting socks like crazy so that I can buy one, hehehehe. :-)
    How refreshing it is to read about your love for your man... that is so worthy and delightful. And I'm not even married!
    I can't imagine being split between two houses... I'll be praying for you.
    Ann
    p.s. You live within walking distance of the beach? Perhaps you have said it before and my dull wit has just picked up on it now.... that's marvelous.

    ReplyDelete